Film.



Thursday 24 February 2011

Evaluation question 1.

  1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Within my media product there are both similarities and differences to other media products of the same genre. For example I have taken inspiration for the music video of Bob Dylan’s song “Subterranean Homesick Blues” in his video he uses signs to show the lyrics instead of singing them, I have used this idea in my music video, which goes with the convention of that specific specimen, but I have added to my idea, instead of just using one person in a mid angle shot through out I have used many different people and also added just the lyrics and pictures to animate what is being sung.  Unlike up to date video like “Love the way you Lie” by Eminem feat. Rhianna in theirs they use special effect for the fire and such, which I have not. Special effect would not of enhanced anything within my video seeming as my video is supposed to be simplistic and others such as that one are not.

Also now a days most music videos are just in colour, and some rarely are in black and white. In my video I have used both for example when the stop motion comes up saying “Here comes the sun” I have made the footage black and white to get a desired retro effect, which comes with stop motion. I then have made sure that most of the other shot are bright and sunny as the song is about the passing of time and the return of the sun.

Also most music videos have a consistence in the background of it being night or day, but with mine I wanted the Audience to be able to see clearly that there is a passing of time which is why I have used both footage where there is snow and no snow.
My music video uses forms of real media production that are up to date, but also challenge them by adding elements that make it seem old fashioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment